Friday, November 13, 2009

The film 'Once'.

I'd like to happily announce that I've been introduced to the film Once, and I must say that it is one of the best films I've ever seen.

The songs that are, by the way, originally written, have the most beautiful lyrics. In fact "Falling Slowly" won an Academy Award. Another great fact about Once is that it was made in a matter of eight days and there is no adjustment to lighting, which only adds to its dramatic pull.

I recommend this film for that rainy day or that day your heart needs a smile. There's such a great pull into the film and the voices of both Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova will sure to be the music added to your iPod and singing through your headphones.

"Moods that take me and erase me and I'm painted black. You have suffered enough, and warred with yourself. It's time that you won. Take this sinking boat and point it home. We've still got time. Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice. You've made it now"

4 comments:

  1. i heard a lot about this movie a couple years ago but never got around to seeing it. it's def. in the cards for a rental.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to get it on DVD, if not, illegal download it is *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great movie, ladies! It's an Irish Indie film, so subtitles are an almost must.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the film also! It's right up there with Singin' in the Rain for films that cheer me up unfailingly :D

    ReplyDelete