Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Beautiful Mess.

I had a bad case of insomnia last night, and this was all due to my thought process. My thoughts never seem to quiet some nights. If my thoughts were voiced, it would most likely come out alien-like or even just a lot of mumbo jumbo (Is that a word?) either way, they still go unheard. Even when they are heard, they're repeated and overly used. I'm just tired.


You are strong but you're needy. Humble but you're greedy. And based on your body language, and shotty cursive I've been reading, your style is quite selective; though your mind is rather reckless, well I guess it just suggests that this is just what happiness is. And what a beautiful mess this is; it's like we're picking up trash in dresses. Well it kind of hurts when the kind of words you write, kind of turn themselves into knives. And don't mind my nerve, you could call it fiction, but I like being submerged in your contradictions dear. 'Cause here we are, here we are. Although you were biased, I love your advice. Your comebacks they're quick, and probably have to do with your insecurities. There's no shame in being crazy. Depending on how you take these words I'm paraphrasing.
- Jason Mraz.


It has become clear that some things are easier said than done.
While some things are easier when never said.

6 comments:

  1. Cool lyrics!

    Yeah, I have my IPOD loaded and whenever my mind races at night....I close my eyes (don't think about shit) and play my favorite "mellow" tunes! It usually works!

    -----

    "It has become clear that some things are easier said than done. While some things are easier when never said." - did you write this!?!!? because that is cool and should be turned into lyrics!

    Get some sleep sucka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, music seems to determine my every mood. It is sometimes annoying and ridiculous.

    Well, if I were to listen to Marilyn Manson, I don't think I'd be a devil worshipper... but, other than that, I'm sure you know what I mean.

    And yes, I did write that actually! I guess it seemed to slip.

    I'm not trying to get some sleep under the Florida sun... while burning my skin. Why not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And yes, I did write that actually! I guess it seemed to slip." Cool slip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you unhinge some thoughts because I'm not being very productive at work and could use some entertaining....Florida Old Farts, Creepy Poems....anything but your brothers underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never liked Jason Mraz, I've actually actively disliked him, but I really really liked these lyrics, enough to maybe change my mind entirely about Mr. Mraz. And I agree with Ted from Accounting, those last lines you wrote are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I heard that song (A Beautiful Mess) by Jason Mraz, my little heart melted. If you hear the acoustic version, it's as if he's singing to you and nailing every word of your life.

    Maybe I shouldn't say "your", because that's how I felt about ME.

    Either way, it's truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete